2011年4月8日金曜日

Deep Ocean


The ocean is a world deeply known. Ama, women divers, plunge into their world that is 'my own, beautiful place'. Not romanticising but Mishima Yukio's novel Sounds of the Waves (Shiosai) gives us the glimpse of the world. Perhaps the fascination is the enticement of the world, from which you may not be able to return, like Eurydice. In our radiophonic story of ama women Waiting for the Tide (ABC Radio National, 2007), Tony Barrell gave a brilliant reading of the women plunging into the ocean deep.
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/radioeye/stories/2007/2694298.htm ) Sadly, Tony died suddenly last week in Sydney. My sincere tribute, gratitude and farewell to the most inspiring audio storyteller (Photo: Taiji, Simon Wearne)

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hello there Kato-san - I just listened to Waiting for the Tide - what a wonderful story - and the video was deeply moving and mysterious. Thank you for your interesting blog - what are you doing now, I wonder - I am interested in your work and would like to continue this conversation, so please can you write back to me? Thank you, Cate

    返信削除